Businesses and other organizations are choosing which low code platform they need, and these products are maturing quickly. This post highlights six reasons why organizations choose Microsoft for low code application development.
- Microsoft has the most complete platform. No software vendor comes close to offering as a wide a set of capabilities as Microsoft. These include database (Dataverse), business intelligence (Power BI), reporting tools, integrated document management (SharePoint), email (Outlook), spreadsheet (Excel) and even artificial intelligence tools. The breadth of products makes Power Platform a fit for a wide variety of business scenarios.
- Product maturity. The Dynamics precursors of Power Platform such as Dynamics CRM have been well well established for many years and are familiar to many IT departments. Microsoft invests extensive resources to continuously improve its products, so you can expect new features to continuously appear.
- The Microsoft cloud. Today's strongest low code platforms are hosted in the cloud, and Microsoft has the second most popular cloud offering after Amazon Web Services. For business and government, Office 365 is the leading cloud productivity suite, so users already have Microsoft cloud accounts. Microsoft hosts government clouds in the United States and other countries which achieve the highest security accreditations. Microsoft bears the expense of upgrading the cloud and provides a financially-backed guarantee of uptime.
- The Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft has tens of thousands of resellers and implementation partners worldwide. Some of them specialize in Microsoft low code development. Microsoft AppSource is a marketplace for Dynamics solutions which can be installed in Power Apps either as complete solutions in themselves or as components of a low code solution.
- Security integration. The Power Platform exists in the context of Office 365, making security management much more efficient than when multiple platforms are used. The permissions model is quite granular and powerful.
- Mobile apps. Microsoft creates and maintains mobile apps which you can download from the leading app stores. Mobile computing has continued to grow in importance, and these prebuilt apps represent significant savings of time and money from building custom mobile apps.