Several trends have converged to make it easier to communicate via your website and social media without a large staff of computer or marketing experts.
InfoStrat held a recent webinar to share some of the latest techniques and approaches.
- High production values are not as important as they were in the past. This means that people are no longer impressed by the slickest websites and videos. In some cases, too much spending can erode the perception of authenticity and make people trust you less. Even cell phone quality videos are now acceptable.
- Content is king. The quality of your content (writing, speaking, video, images) is more important than ever.
- Multiple channels reinforce each other. There is no single channel in social media that is most important, although different audiences tend to favor certain channels. I cross channel strategy is likely to boost the visibility of your content. For instance, use Facebook to drive traffic to your website and vice versa.
- Do it yourself websites have reached a quality level where they are acceptable for many organizations and often look and perform better than custom sites that cost much more.
- Mobile is growing quickly. Be sure your content will work well on mobile devices -- this trend is picking up momentum.