Many businesses and government agencies are adopting Microsoft Dynamics CRM to automate sales and customer service or even extending CRM for other business functions using the xRM approach. Even with all the features and benefits of Dynamics CRM, one group is not always thrilled about adopting it -- your software developers.
Here are some thoughts and hints that may help adoption:
1. Stress the career advancement. Learning a new product helps developers expand their skills and increase their value to employers -- so show your appreciation.
2. Tailor training to developers. Find a condensed training or self-study to learn how Dynamics CRM operates out of the box and then move on to development topics.
3. Find a first project. Don't start training until you have one or more projects to jump into.
4. Identify mentors. Tap someone to lead the group and be a resource when people run into problems.
5. Collaborate as a team. Work together to create development standards and style guides.
6. Conduct group code reviews. Show and tell or lunch and learn sessions can be a great way to bond the team and advance the knowledge of all your developers.
7. Burn the boats. Stress that your organization will go forward with your CRM implementation regardless of complaints from the development team. Don't allow platform debates to continue indefinitely.
Although it's always a challenge to learn new tools, Microsoft developers already know much of the coding techniques they will need to be successful Dynamics CRM developers. Ulutimately, the xRM approach can make developers more productive and reduce boring .NET maintenance programming.
Blog Post: Эволюция социальных CRM
1 day ago