Microsoft does not charge additional license or subscriptions for external users of your Dynamics 365.
Here are some products that provide portal functionality for Dynamics 365:
Dynamics 365 Portal
In September 2015, Microsoft acquired Adxstudio which had long been providing a portal for Dynamics CRM and a less powerful, free version under the auspices of Microsoft.
Microsoft used Adxstudio as the basis of its latest portal product, Dynamics 365 Portal which is available for Dynamics 365 users as part of the Plan 1 subscription bundle.
Here are the steps to activate a Dynamics 365 Portal.
Dynamics 365 Portal is not available to run on premises.
The Portal Connector
Pavliks offers The Portal Connector for Dynamics CRM based on Telerik Sitefinity. The Portal Connector is priced at $14,995 ($3,000 of which is for the Sitefinity software license) with an optional e-commerce connector for $7,000.
Microsoft has discontinued development of Adxstudio, but made it available on GitHub for on premises implementations.
The InfoStrat PortVue portal simplifies portal access to Dynamics CRM, allowing you to
- Support anonymous and authenticated users
- Configure web pages which combine multiple elements such as editable data grids, data forms, and static HTML content
- Enter data into multiple Dynamics CRM entities from a single web page
- Allow document attachments to online forms
- Run reports and export as PDF, Excel and other formats
- Provides sortable grid editing for multiple records
- Enforce Dynamics CRM security model and provide additional levels of security
- Allow enterprise search across multiple Dynamics CRM entities
- Support multiple browsers
- Deploy on Microsoft and open source web platforms
- Provide self-registration, password reset, and password encryption
- Access other back-end systems