Users of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and ClickDimensions already own some of the key tools for an effective account-based marketing approach. Here are ways you can use what you own:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 includes Insights powered by InsideView to allow you to look up companies and contacts based on your search criteria. This is a good way to jumpstart your account list and learn about a company's people, products and revenue.
- Use Dynamics 365 Marketing Lists to track the accounts you are targeting. As you refine your approach you are likely to create more lists as you go.
- Create nurture campaigns in ClickDimensions to send emails such as electronic newsletters and webinar invitations to your marketing lists.
- Use Komiko or experiment with the new Relationship Insights for Dynamics 365 app. These tools track email interactions with contacts and accounts to explore relationships between activities and sales.
- Reconsider how you look at the traditional sales funnel. Consider the inverted funnel shown at the top of this page and compare it to your funnel. To succeed you will need to spend time cultivating your target list of people and perhaps the accounts that you target as well (unless these have been predetermined).
- Use the email and web analytics in ClickDimensions to check on how your marketing messages are being received. Which emails are opened? Which calls to action are heeded? What are the strongest and weakest of your offerings?